Dr Martin created and established the The Titanic Trail in 1998. He at the time there was no historical interpretation of the area for visitors at that time. The idea was to create a daily guided walking tour that explores the heritage of Cobh in Cork Harbour which was the last port of call of RMS Titanic. It is the longest operating Titanic attraction in Ireland. The one hour tour takes visitors through the town where the buildings, streets and piers have not changed since the loss of Titanic in 1912.
The Titanic Trail has been operating every day at 11am for 21 years now. It provides amazing insights into the maritime, military and social heritage of the town and harbour. Conducted with specially trained guides, it brings to life the story of Titanic’s brief visit to her last port of call, the story of emigration and struggle all set against the events in the town on the day Titanic left to sail towards her icy fate in the North Atlantic.